What is Underfloor Heating?
Underfloor heating requires pipework to be installed within the floor of your building, this is then encapsulated in screed.
Warm water is distributed through the pipework. The heat rises through the surface of the floor and into the room, working like a huge radiator.
The temperature of the room can be easily adjusted and controlled by wired or wireless thermostats.
The even distribution of heat from the ground upwards allows the room to warm up quicker and hold its temperature for longer, unlike radiators which burn through a lot more energy to heat a room to the same extent.
The Advantages of Underfloor Heating
There are many advantages to underfloor heating:
- Added comfort. Radiant heat from the floor provides a more pleasant indoor environment
- More Space. As the heating is on the floor no wall or floor space is lost to radiators.
- It’s hygienic. No hard to clean dust collectors such as radiators required.
- Zone Control. Control each individual room via thermostats by the flick of a switch.
- Economic. Saves on heating bills and wasted energy.
We have always offered underfloor heating as a service (13 years).
All our team members are trained by our suppliers alongside our in house training.
Large number of installers mean we are able to lay large areas in one go. We can lay complicated systems such as onto egg crate systems, offer wet and electric UFH and also provide a bespoke UFH plan catered to your requirements.